The Society’s most prestigious award for an outstanding original research paper, or series of papers, with significance to orthodontics. The award is offered biennially and consists of an inscribed silver medallion and a $AUD10,000 prize. The closing date for entries is June 30th in the year preceding the next ASO Congress.
The winner of this award presents their award winning research at the prestigious Gerry Dickinson memorial lecture at the ASOFRE meeting the following year.
Previous Medal Winners
- 1980 - Prof Milton R Sims
- 1984 - Prof Milton R Sims
- 1986 - Dr Simon Freezer
- 1993 - Dr Christopher Ho
- 2012 - Prof M. Ali Darendeliler
- 2014 - Prof Michael Woods
- 2016 - Clinical Associate Prof Sanjivan Kandasamy